Monday, June 25, 2007

San Antonio - High Dynamic Range and Multi-Temporal Images...Whew!

I'm pooped...walking around Seattle for a week and now I'm running around the river walk in San Antonio. It's hot and muggy -- I like it! Below are images I've captured today.

The first is a multi temporal image. Put your camera on a tripod, take three shots of something moving with something not moving (for reference). Cut and paste two of the pics and paste them in as red and green layers of the third image (it is already the blue channel). So basically you've combined red, green, blue of three pics. Anything moving turns into acid, anything standing still is exposed correctly :)
The 5 shots below are of the river walk and buildings leading there. All images below are High Dynamic Range (HDR). Slap your junk onto a tripod, take a good metered image and take eight shots: 4 stops up and 4 stops down (shutter speed not aperature!). Merge'm together with Photomatix, throw some S curve lovin' from Photoshop and you get what you see below... :)






The HDR shots below are inside my swanky brothel-looking hotel :)






Ok tomorrow I'm off the altitude chamber for my flight school stuff (for work). Wish me luck!

PLAY!
-Mark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is some cool stuff! I need to try that out!

Patty said...

Thanks for explaining the multi-temporal shots. I'm familiar with HDR, but not multi-temporal photos. I've got so much to learn!