Sunday, July 22, 2007

Good Morning!

I thought I would share with you a little (about 4 inches in diameter) visitor I saw walking my dog early this morning. And yes I ALWAYS have my camera with me when walking my pooch...You just never know what come up! I missed taking a great shot of a 4 - 5 foot Texas rat snake, who decided to show himself only after 10 minutes of practically standing ontop of him while composing these shots! Thanks for scaring the lungs out of me! I'm not afraid of snakes, bugs or creepy things, but when a serpent of his size just pops out by your right foot, sniffs you and slithers off unexpectedly, one tends to orally expel ones own organs rapidly...He was too too fast for me to take a shot... Maybe next time :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Patty said...

These spiders are everywhere!!! I've gotten some good photos of them(in the woods, around lakes and even our own backyard), that I'll post sometime on my site. If I'm correct it's an American Garden spider, here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argiope_aurantia