Sunday, July 15, 2007

Taste Of Dallas

Yesterday I was contracted to shoot the famous Taste of Dallas event. It's basically a bunch of food vendors trying their best to entice you with their culinary excellence.

I Want You for the Taste of Dallas!

Dancing the night away...

A Brazilian girl visiting Dallas poses for am impromptu portrait.
I've found Brazilians to be one of the friendliest cultures. Although she couldn't speak much English, we chatted for a bit. She is from Sao Paulo.

One if the many tram lines in Dallas.

This little one was trying desperately to cool off!

Hmm maybe this way will cool me off faster!

Some really cool bands were playing!

A local Texan enjoying the show.

A quick pose, for a thought provoking moment.

Saddest thing I seen all day! Poor guy had no rear legs, but was the happiest thing there! Everyone stopped to check him out! He had no problem getting around and could lift his front end like a wheelie on command!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one of the guy dancing. That should be blown up...big! Way to capture it, Mark!

Patty said...

Terrific post! Wonderful expressions and moments you caught. At first, the dog picture did make me sad(being an animal lover...we have a thirteen year old black poodle named Cassie and a one year old Bengal cat named Emma), but after some perspective, I don't think it's that sad. Compared to those numerous people who abuse their pets and or other animals on a continuous basis, I've got to say, I find it perfectly brilliant that the owners cared enough to help out their pet in this way. He even has a Superman tag! :) I love the feet in the photo as well-fantastic images!