Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Un-Scene at The W...

There I am, standing next to the top dallas photographers and thier elected art for the Un-Scene(Wall Kandy) exhibition at the ULTRA MEGA SUPER DUPER hotel W. This place is like 11 stars out of 5! The whole place is extravagant! I love pulling up to the valet with my Honda, complete with fresh bird poop all over the door and hood! The Humvees, Beemers, and various Italian named cars were cringing when my dirty rice burning chariot arrived. I could hear the snickers of the dozen of Paris Hilton-like dingbats as they joked about my ride! That's ok, as soon as I stepped out, with my blacked out sunglasses, rocking new slacks and wicked black, pin striped shirt, fresh hair cut and polished shoes...they quickly shut up. :)

I grabbed my camera and went inside to meet my buddies who were exhibiting their wares. One of which is my good friend Dave Koslowski from DallasPhotoworks! Dave rocks! His HDR shots kick butt! He's a deviant from the norm and it's great to see someone of his caliber up against the mainstream art snobs. In the end, another friend of ours, Wade (flickr fellow!) won the show, but Dave came in honorable mention right after Wade. Great job to both of you!

While Dave was hob knobbing with Dallas's art elite, I took his daughters up stairs to the pool and we had some fun! Here's a few shots of that event! (please click to see full size shots, sooo much better than thumbnails!)


The wicked setting! 16 floors up!

Hey! Don't get water on that crane!

The all important shoes!

More kicking of water!
Lazy Lazy Lazy girl!


I love this shot!


This one too!

Ok off to bed! See ya!
-Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool shots, Mark! I love the pool. Amazing...The hand holding the shoes rocks!

Unknown said...

Mark...thanks so much for coming to the exhibition...I really appreciate the support...and the kids had a great time at the pool...love the shots!

Shyla said...

That shoe shot (with the hand) ROCKS!!!! I love love it!!! :)